Brinkmann Elite Dual Sear Gas Grill
The Bottom Line
Being able to list features has become a the major method for mass market retailers to sell grills. This grill's big feature is its sear burner. To put this sear burner in, Brinkmann took out two 10, 000 BTU, standard burners and replaced them with a single, U-shaped dual control 20, 000 BTU burner. Over the top of it, they put a different style porcelain coated cast iron cooking grate to give the illusion a separate space.
This is an illusion and nothing more. Other than this, the Elite is a big grill, 5 feet across with 650 square inches of cooking space. This is more space than most of us will ever need.
- Sear burner is just a standard burner without high heat
- Uneven heating
- Poor, lightweight construction
- LED's in knobs are a pointless feature
- Four 10, 000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- One U-shaped, dual control 20, 000 BTU (10, 000 BTU per side) internal "sear" burner
- 648 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 801 square inches
- 40, 000 BTU maximum output from the main burners and 20, 000 BTU maximum output from the sear burner for a total of 60, 000 maximum BTUs under the hood
- 12, 000 BTU standard side burner under a raised cover
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Electric on-knob ignition
- Stainless steel (400 series), painted steel, and powder coated steel construction
- Propane tank, rotisserie kit, and cover sold separately
- Made in China by the Brinkmann Corporation, exclusively for Home Depot
Guide Review - Brinkmann Elite Stainless Steel 4-Burner Gas Grill Model# 810-3660-S
This model has been discontinued.
The Brinkmann Elite at Home Depot is a large grill. Measuring more than five feet across and with 650 square inches of primary grilling space, this is a monster of a grill. For this size, however, this grill isn't all that powerful.
If you fire up the "sear" burner you can pump out 60, 000 BTUs which will get the grill hot enough and burn through a lot of fuel. It won't get the grill very hot and the sear burner has no more power than the rest of the grill. It also heats unevenly, leaving you hot and cold spots across the grilling surface.
As for the construction, it is typically of Brinkmann. This grill is too large and too loaded with features at this price (around $300USD) to have quality components or to last very long. Look for rust early and be prepared to replace it in a few years.See also:
Brinkmann Corporation 810-8502-0 5-Burner Propane Gas Grill with Side/Sear Burners
Lawn & Patio (Brinkmann - Import - FOB JIANGMEN)
The Brinkmann Corporation 810-3551-0 Smoke N' Grill Professional 5-Burner Gas Grill
Lawn & Patio (Brinkmann - Import - FOB SHANGHAI)
what brand company makes sears elite gas grills with the brown powercoating?? | Yahoo Answers
I'm not sure. Maybe Kenmore. I know they make a lot of Sears appliances.